- We believe in Christ-Centeredness: Following how Christ Himself led, served, taught, loved and lived, we strive to base all we do on His Word.
- We believe in Academic Excellence: Reflecting we are an academy of learning, it is our primary, but not exclusive, goal to prepare our students academically for college and beyond.
- We believe in the Whole Person: Recognizing all are gifted by God in unique ways, we believe in developing all forms of those spiritual, intellectual, artistic and athletic gifts in each student to their fullest potential.
- We believe in Servant Leadership: Believing in the power of servanthood, servant leadership will be taught, modeled and encouraged to all students, staff and parents so that all are equipped for the situations in life when God calls them to lead.
- We believe in Outreach/Service: Modeling Christ in all we do, we will provide opportunities daily (and through special events) for students, staff and parents to share Christ’s love through service and witness to others.
- We believe in Stewardship: Acknowledging we are blessed in many ways, we as a school will model strong fiscal stewardship and will encourage, train and expect students, staff and parents to be wise and generous stewards over their time, talents and money.
- We believe in the Value of Each Person: Demonstrating biblical equality, we will embrace each individual as a distinct creation of God; ensure an emotionally, socially and physically safe and nurturing environment; and intentionally enroll a student body, faculty and staff that reflect the socioeconomic and racial make-up of the community in which we live.
- We believe in a Vibrant Sense of Community: Acting intentionally, we will foster a vibrant, connected culture of caring, fellowship and respect among students, staff and parents.
- We believe in Accountability: We will hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards of integrity, excellence and to constant measurable improvement.
- We believe in a Joyful Spirit: Having an attitude of gratitude, we will live out God’s blessings in everyday smiles, laughter, and by celebrating demonstrated character and unique achievements. This results in a contagious joy that connects at the heart level.
The vision of Riverdale Baptist School is to develop students whose Christian faith, character and God-given gifts will impact and influence lives in their communities and around the globe. RBS is devoted to developing the whole person and instilling a life-long passion for learning, leading and serving.
Riverdale Baptist School (RBS) is a ministry of Riverdale Baptist Church. As a Christian educational institution, it will, therefore, reflect the philosophy, values and believers' lifestyle of Riverdale Baptist Church. The administration, faculty and staff are born-again, Bible-believing Christians and active church members.
It is the philosophy of RBS that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God. All of the school's programs, both curricular and extracurricular, are based on the principles set forth in God's Word, and the Bible is the foundation of its philosophy of Christian education.
The purpose of an RBS education is threefold: to teach students how they can know God; once they know God, to teach them to follow God's principles as found in His Word; and finally, to train them to serve and glorify God through their lives. The above purposes can be fulfilled only after a person becomes born again. Students who profess to be believers in Christ will gain most from RBS's Christian philosophy and environment. The primary purpose of RBS, however, is to assist parents in guiding their children into the knowledge and achievement of God's will for their lives
It is the school's desire to have a balanced educational program where excellence will permeate the spiritual, academic, physical and social aspects of our learning atmosphere. It is also the school's wish to help in the reinforcement of the Christian home. When the philosophy, values and lifestyle of a Christian home complement the school, the student will benefit most from this relationship. RBS does not attempt to replace the Christian home but tries to strengthen it. RBS recognizes a Christian home as one having at least one parent who is born again.
The curriculum chosen by RBS is determined by its philosophy. It is selected to impart the knowledge of God's truth, to teach God's values of right and wrong and is intended to lead students to the development of Christian character. It also guides students to a realization of God's will for their lives and equips them to perform His will.
Parents who desire this type of a Christian educational environment and atmosphere for their child(ren), and who are willing to have an open and supportive communication between the home and school, are welcome to apply to enroll their child(ren) at Riverdale Baptist School.
- We believe in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures. Written by man as divinely inspired by God, it is without any form of error. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation and God's plan and purpose in the ages.
"16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
II Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV
- We believe in the Genesis account of creation and that it is to be accepted literally, and not allegorically or figuratively.
"1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
Genesis 1:1 NKJV
- We believe in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
"14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen."
II Corinthians 13:14 NKJV
- We believe in the deity and virgin birth of Jesus Christ.
"18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. 20 But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” 22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” 24 Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, 25 and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus."
Matthew 1:18-25 NKJV
- We believe that salvation is "by grace" plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith.
"8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,"
Ephesians 2:8 NKJV
- We believe that men are justified by faith alone and accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
"5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,"
Romans 4:5 NKJV
- We believe in the "Eternal Security" of the believer, that it is impossible for one born into the family of God to be lost.
"28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."
John 10:28 NKJV
- We believe in the visible, personal and premillenial return of Jesus Christ.
"11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”"
Acts 1:11 NKJV
- We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
"34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:"
Matthew 25:34, 41 NKJV
- We believe that the Church of our Lord is a visible, local, self-governing body of believers who have been baptized and that there are only two ordinances: Baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper, both of which are to be administered only to believers.
"4 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, 5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; 7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; 8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness."
Romans 12:4-8 NKJV
"19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
Matthew 28:19 NKJV
"24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”"
I Corinthians 11:24-25 NKJV
1. Recognize you have a need and that you are a sinner.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
2. Realize that God loves you and has provided forgiveness and eternal life for you through His Son.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
3. Respond to who Jesus is in prayer.
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
4. Repent and turn from your sin.
"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." (Acts 3:19)
5. Receive Jesus Christ as your Savior.
"But as many as received Him, to them gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name." (John 1:12)
For more information on becoming a Christian, or if you have questions of a faith-based nature, please visit www.riverdaleministries.org or call Riverdale Baptist Church at 301-249-7001.