Welcome to Riverdale Baptist School’s Health Room
Our goal is to work cooperatively with parents to improve the health and education of all RBS students by having healthy kids in class, ready to learn and by getting sick kids the help they need.
Some ways the parents can assist this goal:
- Feed your child a nutritious and filling breakfast to prevent midmorning headaches and hunger pains.
- Please keep sick and contagious children home. Follow our school’s illness policy.
- Please try to pick up your sick child within a reasonable amount of time (1 hr). The health room does not have enough room or staff for the TLC necessary to keep sick kids for a prolonged period.
- Complete any appropriate medication form for medications needed in school. Please note that, by law, the school cannot administer medications without a written note from the doctor. A phone call to or from the parent is insufficient.
Medical Administration Form (click to download): This form covers the following:
- General over the counter medications: Tylenol (acetaminophen), Ibuprofen, Benadryl, Sugar-Free Cough Drops, Chloraseptic Menthol Lozenges, Tums, & Hydrocortisone Cream
- Rescue medications: Inhalers, Nebulizers, and Epipens
Prescription Medication Administration Form (click to download): This form covers the following:
- ADD medication
For the safety of all children, please do not allow your child to carry ANY medications other than authorized emergency rescue medications. Rescue medications (certain inhalers and epipens) can be authorized by the physician on this form.
Maintaining a current immunization record by submitting an updated record ONLY when new shots have been given. Note: This is NOT an annual requirement! More information can be found at The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s back to school immunization page.
If you have any questions, please use the form below to contact me. Thank you and let’s have a healthy and blessed school year!
Jennifer Schumacher, RN
Contact the Health Room