Our vision is to develop students whose Christian faith, character, and God-given gifts will impact and influence lives in their communities and around the globe. We are devoted to developing the whole person and instilling a life-long passion for learning, leading and serving.
Riverdale Baptist School (RBS) is a ministry of Riverdale Baptist Church. As a Christian educational institution, it will, therefore, reflect the philosophy, values and believers' lifestyle of Riverdale Baptist Church. The administration, faculty and staff are born-again, Bible-believing Christians and active church members.
It is the philosophy of RBS that the Bible is the authoritative Word of God. All of the school's programs, both curricular and extracurricular, are based on the principles set forth in God's Word, and the Bible is the foundation of our philosophy of Christian education.
The purpose of our education is threefold: to teach students how they can know God; once they know God, to teach them to follow God's principles as found in His Word; and finally, to train them to serve and glorify God through their lives. The above purposes can be fulfilled only after a person becomes born again. Students who profess to be believers in Christ will gain most from our Christian philosophy and environment. The primary purpose of RBS, however, is to assist parents in guiding their children into the knowledge and achievement of God's will for their lives
It is the school's desire to have a balanced educational program where excellence will permeate the spiritual, academic, physical and social aspects of our learning atmosphere. It is also the school's wish to help in the reinforcement of the Christian home. When the philosophy, values and lifestyle of a Christian home complement the school, the student will benefit most from this relationship. RBS does not attempt to replace the Christian home but tries to strengthen it. RBS recognizes a Christian home as one having at least one parent who is born again.
The curriculum chosen by RBS is determined by its philosophy. It is selected to impart the knowledge of God's truth, to teach God's values of right and wrong, and is intended to lead students to the development of Christian character. It also guides students to a realization of God's will for their lives and equips them to perform His will.
Parents who desire this type of a Christian educational environment and atmosphere for their child(ren), and who are willing to have an open and supportive communication between the home and school, are welcome to apply to enroll their child(ren) at Riverdale Baptist School.
Our Core Values
- We believe in Christ-centeredness: Following how Christ Himself led, served, taught, loved and lived, we strive to base all we do on His word.
- We believe in Academic Excellence: Reflecting we are an academy of learning, it is our primary, but not exclusive, goal to prepare our students academically for college and beyond.
- We believe in the Whole Person: Recognizing all are gifted by God in unique ways, we believe in developing all forms of those spiritual, intellectual, artistic and athletic gifts in each student to their fullest potential.
- We believe in Servant Leadership: Believing in the power of servant-hood, servant leadership will be taught, modeled and encouraged to all students, staff and parents so that all are equipped for the situations in life when God calls them to lead.
- We believe in Outreach/Service: Modeling Christ in all we do, we will provide opportunities daily (and through special events) for students, staff and parents to share Christ’s love through service and witness to others.
- We believe in Stewardship: Acknowledging we are blessed in many ways, we as a school will model strong fiscal stewardship and will encourage, train and expect students, staff and parents to be wise and generous stewards over their time, talents and money.
- We believe in the Value of the Individual: Demonstrating biblical equality, we will embrace each individual as a distinct creation of God; ensure an emotionally, socially and physically safe and nurturing environment; and intentionally enroll a student body, faculty and staff that reflect the socioeconomic and racial make-up of the community in which we live.
- We believe in a Vibrant Sense of Community: Acting intentionally, we will foster a vibrant, connected culture of caring, fellowship and respect among students, staff and parents.
- We believe in Accountability: We will hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards of integrity, excellence and to constant measurable improvement.
- We believe in a Joyful Spirit: Having an attitude of gratitude for God’s blessings that are lived out in everyday smiles, laughter, and by celebrating demonstrated character and unique achievements. This results in a contagious joy that connects at the heart level.