What We Believe
1. We believe in the verbal inspiration and authority of the Scriptures. Written by man as divinely inspired by God, it is without any form of error. We believe that the Bible reveals God, the fall of man, the way of salvation, and God's plan and purpose in the ages. (II Timothy 3:16-17)
2. We believe in the Genesis account of creation, and that it is to be accepted literally, and not allegorically or figuratively. (Genesis 1:1)
3. We believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (II Corinthians 13:14)
4. We believe in the deity and virgin birth of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 1:18-25)
5. We believe that salvation is "by grace" plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions to salvation are repentance and faith. (Ephesians 2:8)
6. We believe that men are justified by faith alone and accounted righteous before God only through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (Romans 4:5)
7. We believe in the "Eternal Security" of the believer, that it is impossible for one born into the family of God to be lost. (John 10:28)
8. We believe in the visible, personal and premillenial return of Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:11)
9. We believe in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. (Matthew 25:34, 41)
10. We believe that the Church of our Lord is a visible, local, self-governing body of believers who have been baptized and that there are only two ordinances: Baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper, both of which are to be administered only to believers. (Romans 12:4-8; Matthew 28:19, I Corinthians 11:24-25)
How to Know God Personally
1. Recognize you have a need and that you are a sinner.
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
2. Realize that God loves you and has provided forgiveness and eternal life for you through His Son.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
3. Respond to who Jesus is in prayer.
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
4. Repent and turn from your sin.
"Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." (Acts 3:19)
5. Receive Jesus Christ as your Savior.
"But as many as received Him, to them gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name." (John 1:12)