Thank you for your interest in Riverdale Baptist School. In order to help us begin our connection with your family, please click the link below to request more information.
We encourage you and your student to experience RBS. Every Wednesday from 9-12, join us for Welcome Wednesday tours (No RSVP required). Open houses are offered bi-annually (dates available on the RBS Calendar). Middle and high school students are offered the opportunity to be a Student for A Day. Finally, private tours may be arranged (by appointment) on an as-needed basis.
Riverdale Baptist School uses a digital application process. You may click the link below to register online. If you need assistance, please contact our admissions department at 301-249-7000.
The RBS admissions team will schedule a test date with you based on the testing calendar and available time slots. Please contact the office if you have submitted a complete application (with all attached documents) and have not received a call to schedule your child’s test.
After testing and all important documents have been turned in, your student will come in for a 30-45 minute interview. This will allow the school to learn more about your family and for you to learn more about RBS.
If Riverdale Baptist School chooses to extend an offer of enrollment, you will receive an email with a link to complete the enrollment process.
A major step toward entering RBS is to have your child tested. Please submit the following items to the registrar’s office in order to register your child for the entrance test:
- Assessment fee of $25 (Pre-K3 only, non-refundable)
- Testing fee of $100 (K-12, non-refundable)
- Application fee of $250*
- Photocopy of birth certificate
- Official copy of student’s transcript from prior school
*Application fee only is refundable if the minimum criteria for entrance are not met.
Applicants must meet the following age criteria:
- Three (3) by August 31, in order to enter Pre-K3
- Four (4) by August 31, in order to enter Pre-Kindergarten
- Five (5) by August 31, in order to enter Kindergarten
- Get plenty of rest the night before.
- Eat a good, nutritious breakfast before coming in.
- Be prompt, tests start on time and if your child is late, they may have to be rescheduled (fees apply).
- Bring a snack for break time.
- High School students will need a scientific or graphic calculator for the math test.
- Ask any questions you have. Don’t be afraid to speak up if you need an instruction repeated.
- Leave your cell phone, iPod, mp3 player, etc. at home or in the car, any electronic devices on person are prohibited.
If modified testing is needed, please indicate at the time of registration and provide the appropriate documentation. Students are expected to score at least in the 50th percentile. All scores will be reviewed by the administration and parents will be notified of the next steps.
Re-enrollment is completed through ParentsWeb. For more information and scheduling, please contact the admissions department.