But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14
The Pre-School Program at RBS consists of Developmental Pre-Kindergarten (DPK) for children who are 3 years old on or before September 1, and Pre-Kindergarten (PK) for children who are 4 years old on or before September 1. Readiness testing is required for all pre-school applicants.
- The RBS program is structured in a way that emphasizes readiness and a hands-on approach to academic subjects.
- Christian values are taught daily.
- Caring Christian teachers provide a friendly environment in which students may learn and grow.
- Classrooms are self-contained with a ratio of one teacher for approximately 10 students.
- Parents are asked to work with and fully support the teacher towards their child’s social, emotional, and academic needs.
- Field trips, guests in the classroom, and many hands-on experiences extend the curriculum.
- Supervised play takes place in a safe, fenced playground with a designated area for pre-school students.
- Before- and After-care services are available to RBS students for an additional fee.
- Topical study in four levels on thinking God’s way—about God’s world, about myself, about God’s Word
- Growing God’s way—in obedience, kindness, thankfulness, giving, work and trust
- Knowing God’s way—Jesus is God, Jesus is our living Lord
- Living God’s way—prayer, love, thoughtfulness, courage, witness, and contentment. Character traits emphasized in application stories correlated with Bible content.
Sound by direction, pitch, volume, tempo and rhyming words; initial /a/-/z/ (short vowels only), medial /i/ and /o/, and final /ks/.
Recognize details in visual images of objects or symbols including shapes and colors, as well as size and orientation. Identify upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and sight words.
- Prewriting skills
- Left-to-right, vertical, horizontal, diagonal and curved-line tracking
- Correct pencil hold and paper placement
- Finger tracing and pencil tracking uppercase and lowercase
- A-Z and numerals (Developmental K3: 0-15, K4: 0-20)
Zaner Bloser, Publisher
Developmental Pre-Kindergarten (K3): Introduce numbers and numerals 0-15, counting, recognition of shapes, pattern sequencing, matching and listening skills. Abeka, Publisher
Pre-Kindergarten (K4): Numbers and numerals 0-12, shape recognition, pattern sequencing, calendar, clock, coin and measurement vocabulary. My Teaching Station, Publisher
School orientation, concepts of God’s plan for the child and his family; holidays, community helpers and patriotism.
Traditional literature, realistic and fanciful prose and poetry; vocabulary development and enrichment; auditory memory; literal, interpretive, critical and appreciative picture interpretation and listening; dictation of experience charts, artwork labels, story endings and poem titles.
Seasonal earth, plant and animal changes; family activities related to the seasons and the farm.